Thursday, April 5, 2012

It's that time of day again

Last night's bomb threats were unprecedented up to this point. There hadn't been any simultaneous threats, let alone TWO simultaneous threats on the same night. It was intense escalation.


However, I just can't imagine more than 3-5 threats at the same time. Anything more than that would be pretty darn resource intensive and require some focused planning (both on the offender's part and the school's part). I posited the question in the comments section of whether it would be possible to empty every building on campus all at one time. Not sure it's possible, or even if the administration would be able to get the gears in motion to make it work. So I think the offender has to acknowledge these limits.


Regardless, judging from the way this has escalated, I think it's highly likely there will be another couple threats tonight. Probably between 5 and 6 PM, on my way home from work, so I won't be able to update this blog until I get home.


Thanks for following everyone. More posts to come.


**UPDATE** Man, has it been a quiet night. I guess s/he took the night off.