Saturday, April 7, 2012

I know, I know, more threats...

I'm considering shutting this down.

Are the benefits to the community > the possible benefits to offender?

I don't know anymore.

Don't worry, I won't make any decisions until after the holiday. If it stays up, I may transfer it to a new/better platform. Regardless, no analytic updates until Monday. Everyone enjoy Easter.

*Update* Wow, incredible support from everyone, but also some good back and forth discussion about the true benefits of putting all the information we have out on social media. I don't think anything like this has been done in real-time on a public level. It does raise a lot of interesting questions about intelligence, transparency, crowd-sourcing and creating possible feedback loops. It would make an awesome thesis topic, no?

I also didn't realize the "therapeutic" value it has to so many people...I guess since I'm neither a student or a parent that didn't occur to me. Okay. I'll take the day off and try to work on this on Monday. Like I said, I'm looking at transferring over to a better system where we can discuss ideas in a more organized way. Happy Easter!

Also take a moment to thank the Pitt police: https://www.facebook.com/We.Support.the.Pitt.Police
Seriously, these guys have been working all day, every day for weeks now trying to get this guy. They have my total support and gratitude.